Friday 5 December 2014

Irvine: I don't fear the sack

West Brom manager Alan Irvine insists he does not fear losing his job following a meeting with chairman Jeremy Peace.
Alan Irvine: Confident of keeping West Brom reins
The Baggies have lost their last four games in a row and have slipped to 16th in the Premier League but Irvine is adamant he still has the full backing of Peace.
The Scot said ahead of Saturday's trip to face Hull: "I spoke to the chairman after training but not about that and he didn't speakto me about that. He was great. I went to see him about a completely different matter.
"We spent 15 minutes just chatting over different things and he was great, ashe has been all of the time. I'm really grateful for the support he's given me.
"I understand the way things are in this job. There's a short-term culturenowadays and, if it's not Alan Pardew getting stick, as he was six or seven weeks ago, it's somebody else.
"If it's me at this time, hopefully I will be able to get to the situationAlan is in because it wasn't that long ago I was at Stoke hearing people callingfor his head.
"They are such fine margins. We are not too far away from getting goodresults.
"I don't think anybody who has been at the last two games can think we aremiles away from getting a good result. We need some goals."
The 56-year-old added: "I have certainly been there at the start of the season when it was very much on me and people were questioning the appointment.
"We came through that and everybody thought I was great, but I said at thattime that if we lost a few games then they would probably think I was hopelessagain.
"That's the way it goes. Is it on me again now? It hasn't been but it might beat this moment.
"Other people have been subjected to attention and criticism then. It was onlylast week I was defending Arsene Wenger, which was bizarre."

No comments:

Post a Comment

tooxclusive.com

Buy Websites